Savitri Era of those who adore, Om Sri Aurobindo and The Mother.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Eye exercises

Holistic Nomad Join Ananda as she scours the planet for traditional medicinal and healing practices Thursday, March 15, 2007 It's a Miracle! I can See!
I have just completed a week at The School For Perfect Eyesight in Pondichery, Tamil Nadu.In only one little week of eye exercises and not wearing my glasses (a terrifying prospect in a city where you have no idea where you're going and you can't tell if that's a cow, a rickshaw, or an elephant coming towards you) I have reduced my prescription by 0.5 in each eye and completely reduced the cylindrical deviation to normal.
Impossible you think? Well I am living proof. Let me tell you all about it. We arrived at the school. A beautiful colonial building which is a part of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondichery. Within minutes our eye sight was being checked. Jose apparently was mildly crosseyed (not that I ever noticed) and my eyes went in the opposite direction. Who knew! No one ever pointed this out to me before! We were given a set of exercises to perform right away - 2 times a day for the next week.
The first torture I had to endure was horrific - a drop of honey in each eye while I swayed my body in the sun! I recommend no one try this - it burns like a mofo. (lucky Jose only had to put saline solution in his eyes). The other exercises were much simpler and even enjoyable. Playing with a tennis ball, reading itty bitty print in candle light, and looking at all kinds of charts.Who would've thought! After such a simple workout my eyes would actually improved, and I would have no problem walking the strange streets of Pondichery blind. And even though we cheated for 2 days (renting a scooter and going to visit nearby Auroville (which is a whole adventure onto itself) and thus wearing our spectacles the whole day) We both improved our vision significantly.
Another Allopathic myth busted. My optometrist (as lovely as he is) could be out of a job. And what does this cost you ask? Well besides the flight to India, the $3 a day for accomodation and the $3 a day for food and the occasional beer - we're talking nothing but what your own generous heart wishes to donate. And as we left we each receive a cute little package with an eye cup for washing our eyes, eye charts, an eye patch, and some sweet tasty honey (for my tea of course). Posted by Holistic Nomad at 8:42 AM Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 comments:

  1. Do you know where I could get information on how to book appointment for this eye exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also going to this eye exercise. Its interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also feel these exercises wud work,so am planning 2 visit pondicherry 2.donno how safe the place is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phone number- School for perfect eyesight 04132233659

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sirs,
    My son is eight years old and is wearing specks for more than two years.
    is this the correct age for learning this eye exercise or what is the minimum age limit for children to learn this exercise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sir,

    I am father of 6+ yrs old daughter.

    My daughter was having vision 6/18 in one eye and 6/12 in the other eye. Further the angle of her eyes were 20 degree and she is having squint.

    This was detected when she was 5 years old. We are from Kolkata. We contacted Dr. Shubhasish Nag for her treatment in Kolkata. He advised spectacles (+4 power in one eye & +2 power in the other), patching on the eye and regular exercise.

    My daughter is doing exercise for the last one year and using patch in her eye. Now her vision is 6/6 partial in both the eyes, but the angle is 20 degree. The angle goes on fructuating, sometimes comes to 12 degree, sometimes 14 degree and if exercise and patching is left for 2-3 weeks, the angle rise to 20 degree.

    Now after the recent checkup, the doctor is advising for a surgery for the squint.

    We came to know your name from my office colleague. What is to be done now.

    Anxiously waiting to get a reply from you soon.

    Best Regards

    BIPLOB CHAKI
    biplob.chaki@rediffmail.com
    biplob.chaki@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sir,
    My son is undergoing pilot training and he feel that his eye sight is weak. He want to join a week program being conducted at asharma pondichery. May I know the process of registration etc.

    Would appreciate if you can forward detail on mentioned mail ID. pdubey007@gmail.com or pramoddubey59@rediffmail.com

    Warm Regards

    Pramod Dubey

    ReplyDelete
  8. can anybody tell me what is the age limit for doing the eye exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  9. sir
    I am having problem with my eye [in telugu we will call it as mella kannu] how to rectify my defect
    please post it to my account:konavenkat2010@gmail.com
    konavak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. sir i have eye problem(in telugu we call it as mella kannu...how to rectify my defect............kirans358@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. sir
    I am having problem with my eye [in telugu we will call it as mella kannu] how to rectify my defect
    please post it to my account: gorakala.jaggarao@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete